The Snugpak® MML Softie® Smocks are ideal for a diverse range of operational environments, all year round, where the main environmental considerations are wind and cold weather when thinner layers are insufficient to protect against the elements:
• HM Forces
• Reserve Forces
• Combined Cadet Forces
• Range Training Days
• Deployed Military Operations
The Snugpak® MML Softie® Smock is a tri-layer garment and uses both Paratex Micro as a face fabric, and an internal Softie® Premier fill, encapsulated with a Paratex Light lining. Designed to provide excellent thermal protection against the cold, as well as high protection against wind, the MML Softie® Smock is available in a variety of Softie® weights, for the following temperature ranges:
• MML3 (Softie® 3) 0℃ to -5℃
• MML6 (Softie® 6) -5℃ to -10℃
• MML9 (Softie® 9) -10℃ to -15℃
The MML Softie® Smock is lighter than normal expedition style jackets, and uses water resistant YKK zips, making it ideal for when size and weight need to be kept to an absolute minimum. It is ideally worn with a variety of base layers, such as the Snugpak 2nd Skinz Coolmax base layer, or issued UBACS, to move moisture away from the skin, keeping you dry and regulating core temperature in extremes of cold. The quick drying, Paratex Micro 100% nylon material has a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish. Water repellency can be maintained with a cool tumble dry after washing and periodic re-treatment with suitable aftercare products, such as Nikwax and Grangers.
The MML Softie® Smock will keep you dry in a short, light shower, giving you time to find a safe place to stop and put on more effective (hardshell) waterproof layers, if required. The MML Softie® Smock can also be worn under waterproof [PTFE] membrane hard shells in severe weather, still allowing easy access to your essential equipment. In dry, colder conditions, the cut of the MML Smock enables you to layer effectively with additional thinner insulation, or warmer layers worn underneath so that core temperature can be effectively managed.
The MML Softie® Smock allows essential equipment to be carried centrally, with easy access when wearing a day sack, Bergen or climbing harness, as well as plate carriers and webbing systems and maintains its core functionality with other operational equipment, such as body armour.
APALS® (All Purpose Adhesive Light Strips)
Each jacket is supplied with one APALS®
• Can be seen up to 1 mile
• Runtime 200+ hours
• Velcro backing
• Waterproof, Dustproof & Shockproof
• Medium - 760g / 27oz
• Large - 810g / 29oz
• XLarge - 860g / 30oz
• Comfort Rating: -5°C / 23°F
• Low Rating: -10°C / 14°F
• Packsize: 34cm x 17cm / 13" x 7"
• Outer Fabric: Paratex Micro
• Outer Fabric 2: Multicam
• Inner Fabric: Paratex Light
• Insulation: Softie® Premier
• Made in the UK. Support UK manufacturing and enjoy superior British quality
• Unisex Design
• Extremely Lightweight & durable, perfect for when weight and space need to be considered
• Windproof: The Paratex Micro fabric protects you from wind chill
• Breathable: The Paratex Micro high moisture-vapour transmission rate helps to keep you dry when you're active
• Comfortable: The Softie® Premier insulation is available in different weights for a range of temperature ratings
• APALS® Soft Hook & Loop Patches (APALS® (All Purpose Adhesive Light Strips) one supplied with each jacket)
• Unit/Name Badge Soft Hook & Loop Patches
• Large Map Chest Pocket, with Internal D-Rings
• Large & Small External Pouches
• External D-Ring for LED Torches, etc.
• TS1 Lined Hand Warmer ‘Muff’ Pocket, adds a layer of insulation to keep hands warm
• Thumb Loops
• Hem & Neck adjuster for a better fit, helping trap warm air and aid insulation
• 1/4 Length Water-resistant YKK Zip, to help trap warm air, or ventilate
• Soft Armour Panel (SAP) and Hard Armour Plate Carrier (PC) Compatible
• Customise with effective layering for colder weather or longer races
To fit chest size
81 - 89
32 - 35
Neck to hem (A)
Sleeve Length (B)
Jacket laid flat (C)
92 - 99
36 - 39
102 - 109
40 - 43
112 - 120
44 - 47
122 - 130
48 - 51
132 - 140
52 - 55
When measuring your chest, measure around the fullest part, place the tape close under the arms and make sure the tape is flat across the back.
The length from the back of the neck to hem.
From the centre of the back of the neck, across the shoulder to the sleeve.
The width of the jacket at the underarm, when laid flat.