The Scorpion 3 by Snugpak ® is stalwart three-person base camp and expedition tent when a semi-permanent camp is required. The Scorpion design is a ‘Fly-first’ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up in difficult and remote areas using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather conditions. A tried and tested favourite of mountaineers, climbers and campers, the Scorpion 3 has impressive floor space, measuring 2.25m long and 1.75m wide, as well as 1.1m of headspace, creating ample room for three people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement. There is also a spacious front porch for storing equipment. In an emergency, the Scorpion 3 can accommodate six people sitting.
The Snugpak® Scorpion 3 is an easily pitched, angled profile tent with an extremely small pack size and a mere trail weight of around 2.9kg. Accompanied by DAC ® Aluminium Poles, it is designed not to take up valuable space and weight in your pack. When travelling on fast and light ventures, the tent design allows individuals to keep different components in each of their packs. This spreads the weight across more than one person. A spacious three-person tent, the Scorpion 3 will shelter you from the worst four-season weather, with an impressive 5000mm hydrostatic head PU Coated Fly sheet, taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, the Scorpion 3 will keep out the bugs in the summer months and the rain throughout the rest of the year. Condensation build-up is also at a minimum with the addition of multiple ventilation channels. The Scorpion design is the perfect green, allowing you to fly-pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas.
When ventures and expeditions last more than a few days, and with more people joining you, or if a semi- permeant camp is required, the Scorpion 3 has ten internal pockets for safe storage of everyday items, allowing equipment to be at hand at the end of a long day, or over-night when creature comforts can unpack. The design also incorporates a hanging loop for lights and accessories once you have settled for the night. Hydrostatic head (HH) is a waterproof measurement of a Shelter’s material’s coating; most commonly a thin film of polyurethane finish is added to a material to create polyurethane laminate (PUL). Referred to as a PU Coating, It is this coating that gives Snugpak® Shelters their waterproof & windproof properties.
- Three Person Tent - Suitable for 3 people or 2-3 people with gear.
- Waterproof - 100% waterproof to help keep you dry.
- Windproof - Provides protection from the wind.
- DAC Poles - DAC® Featherlite NSL® anodized poles with press fit connectors, made from TH72M aluminium.
- Tent Stakes - Supplied with a set of stakes/pegs.
- Weight - Weighs 3400 grams all in
- Green Outer and Black Mesh Inner, Perfect for Base Camping Ventures & Expeditions
- Single-point Front Entry with ample porch space
- Multiple Ventilation Channels
- Lightweight, but robust, 210t Ripstop Flysheet with 5000mm Waterproof PU Coating
- Lightweight 190t Nylon 5000mm Waterproof PU Groundsheet, Bathtub Style
- Lightweight 190t Polyester Mesh Inner, with 50D No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net
- Waterproof Taped Seams
- Ten Mesh Internal Pockets for equipment and head-end hanging loop (Five on each side)
- Three DAC® Featherlite NSL® Anodised Aluminium Poles, with press fit connections
- Supplied with 18 Lightweight Alloy Cross-Stakes, with two-spares
- This tent is Flame Retardant
- Brand: Snugpak
- Colour: Olive Green
- SKU: 703090
- EAN: 8211659425904
- Trail Weight - 2.93kgs / 6.46lb (Fly, Poles & Inner Tent)
- Pack Weight - 3.4kgs / 7.5lb (Fly, Poles, Inner Tent, Stakes, Guy Ropes & Stuff Sack)
- Flysheet 325 cm (L) x 195 cm (W) x 130 cm (H)
- Inner Tent 220 cm (L) x 175 cm (W) x 115 cm (H)
- Pack Size: 43 x 21 cm